However, after reading many blogs and books on alcoholism and recovery, it seems that "journaling" (which I've never had any luck doing) is a good way to make your way through and continue to be successful at recovery. And since - and this is important so pay attention - after two years of going without a drink I have just decided to call myself an alcoholic OUT LOUD - it's probably a good idea to start doing what I've been reading about for two years...gee...ya think?
This will likely just be a stream of consciousness designed to help me get what rolls around in my head on a regular basis into something resembling sense. I will try to do a few things -
- I promise not to whine. I HATE whining. In fact, even before I quit drinking my house was a "no whine" zone. Get it - har har. I may, at times, complain, bitch, moan and throw a tantrum or too but I will not whine. If I do, you have my full permission to tell me to knock it off immediately.
- I will try not to rip off any of my fellow bloggers. I reserve the right to mention them, credit them and be inspired by them however - they help me get through my day.
- I will try not to write anyone's story but my own.
- I will try not to get my feelings hurt if you write mean things to me in your comments...however, on that I'm not making any promises.
- I do promise to share whatever I can that will help me and anyone who may be out there reading this get through the next 24 hours without a drink. That's all we can hope for...