So I'm still a little grumpy but I'm definitely in a better place than I was yesterday.
In spite of my carb withdrawal yesterday and a pretty crappy work day, the evening turned out much better. #2 son sang a beautiful solo in his spring concert and made me cry. #3 son hit a home run with two on in his baseball game. #1 son actually attended his brother's concert and had a good time. Thus proving, unequivocally, that God only gives you as much as you can handle.
So, to keep today from getting ugly, I decided that it was time for a gratitude post.
Today (and everyday) I am grateful for...
- My sobriety.
- My children. I'm so proud of the humans they are. All of them make me happy every day I breathe.
- My faith...I pray everyday to do God's will and that the Holy Spirit fills me and helps me cope with life on life's terms. I'm sure God comes through every day - I just don't always shut up and listen long enough to hear Him. I'll keep practicing though.
- My husband - who supports and loves me no matter how crazy I get or how many names I call him in my head. He gets me.
- That I'm through the physical part of the detox (I think). Now all that's left is the emotional addiction which I know is worse. I also know I'm stronger than any candy bar any day.
- My friends who are dear and precious and I don't know what or who I would be without them. I only know that I do not want to try.
- A home that I like more and more every day. I'm not all the way in love but maybe, if I keep working at it, I will be some day. I do know how lucky and priviledged I am to have it and I never take it for granted.
- Pandora Radio - love, love, love to be able to choose my music based on my mood. This week has been P!nk Radio - I'm sure you can figure out why. Last week it was hymns...I'm a complicated woman.
- Clean sheets and freshly vacuumed floors.
- Pink roses - I haven't had any in a while. I need to remedy that today.
- Choral concerts, Senior League baseball games, school plays, proms, college issues, computer programs, and children who kiss and hug and express love freely, unconditionally and without reservation - all of which tell me that we've done a good job.
- A heart that is, after all the bullshit I've put it through, capable of bursting with love and pride just because it's a new day and the sun is shining or because someone smiled at me or because I got a hug. Please Lord never let me lose that.
You have no cause for anything but gratitude and joy. ~ Buddha