So this morning I actually looked in the mirror and didn't hate what I saw...I didn't like it...but I didn't hate it either. As I thought about what I was looking at in the mirror, I said a "Thank God" for not having ugly and hurtful thoughts about myself which prompted me to think, why not thank Him properly?
So here's my Thank God for...list for today -
Thank God for...
- My family and the way my children are turning out. I love them AND I like them. That is a blessing.
- The fact that the youngest twin got a 5 on his AP US History Exam. That is a huge hairy deal. Very few people manage that and he did it. It will count for two college courses. You go my baby!
- Yoga - I've been practicing every morning instead of stressing about doing cardio and I feel amazing. My muscles are getting stronger and my well being is improving.
- God's forgiveness. I haven't been feeling very close to Him lately but I know He's not far. I'll get back to where I need to be.
- A husband who puts up with my shit.
- Work that I love with the possibility (that's looking better and better everyday), that it will turn into a permanent position.
- My new blog which is giving voice to my issues with food just the way this one gave voice to my addiction to alcohol. I love writing. I have always wanted to be a writer but I lack the imagination required for fiction. This type of writing suits me and makes me happy.
- The people who write and read blogs, what a wonderful community.
Have a blessed day...