A comment on Annette's blog yesterday about starting this thing over for Dawn got me to thinking...what if we really do this together? What if we copycat Belle and do a Whole 30 version of of her Team 100? What if we leaned on each other and made this happen?
This. Just. Might. Work.
I've already decided to keep my Whole 30 (whole9life.com) going for another 30 days, and for my next 30 I'm going to ditch the Diet Soda (ugh) and the...gasp...International Coffee French Vanilla Creamer...cringe. For me...that starts on September 18th. (My current Whole 30 ends September 9th which gives me a week to regroup before I plunge in again.) I've even ordered the book, "It Starts With Food" to devour before my next start date
- Go to Whole 30 and read as much as you can on the program. Download the shopping list and check out some of the recipes and menus.
- For those of you who have done Atkins or Paleo or South Beach...this is a version of that on heavy duty steroids. Take the next two 1/2 weeks to prepare and psyche yourself up. Get excited!!! Believe me when I say that this is a GOOD thing! You will love yourself not because you're on a diet and may or may not lose weight, but because you're doing something good for that body (in the alcoholic's case) that you've been abusing for however many years!
- If you decide you want to join in, email me at email@example.com (or respond in the comments) and I'll add your name to our list.
- Give me your start date. It can be today, the 18th (with me!) or a date in the past because you've already begun.
- In the email also include your name (first names, nicknames, made up names, or blog names are fine...no anoymous participants - you have to own this thing), your reason for joining and what you'd like to achieve at the end of 30 days. Remember, this doesn't have to be a number, it can be anything.
- Then, once a week (or twice or every day...I don't care), email me with your progress, questions or comments. Tell me how your mood has been and what you've experienced since your last email. Share the changes that are going on in your life, your body and your attitude.
- I'll update everyone once a week in a weekend blog entry. (Depending on the response to this, I'll update more frequently if necessary - if you have a question then EVERYONE likely has the same question. We'll research and learn together.) This will keep us accountable (me included...diet soda gone...ugh) and will give everyone a place to share, bitch and celebrate.
- Put a sign on your fridge that says, "I can do ANYTHING for 30 days."
- Write on your bathroom mirror in lipstick or white board marker, "I am beautiful and I am WORTH these 30 days."
- Hide your scale and your tape measurers. Weigh yourself and take measurements if you want on the very first day and then get someone to hide those motherfuckers where you will never find them. Tell them that, no matter what, they are not to tell you where they hid them. NO MATTER WHAT. This is about health, not a number. Besides, your clothes will begin to speak to you at about the 2 week mark.
- Pull out those dusty AA tools and apply them to this...they work.
I'll wait to hear from you guys. I'm doing this no matter what because I feel so damn good right now. You guys are welcome to hitch a ride if you want.