Before I even start my day, I need to take some time for gratitude. I haven't done one of these in a while and I can't think of a better time than now.
Today I am grateful for...
- A son who is on the mend, who will grow and learn from this experience, and who loves me unconditionally. I'm also grateful that he knows no other way to love.
- A blogging community filled with tender souls who know just what to say to pull me out of the pit, to call me on my bullshit, to put salve on my wounds and to kick my ass when required. You all rock and I'm not sure what my recovery would look like without you...and I don't want to know.
- Friends who "get" me and know just what to say and do (or not say and not do) to make me feel better. And who also know how much I love fresh flowers.
- Friends from far and wide on Facebook who took the time to inquire about B and see if there was anything I needed. It truly humbles me.
- A husband who puts up with my shit and knows just when to put his arms around me and when to give me a much needed kiss. He also knows what to say when I don't even know what I need to hear. (That last sentence made sense in my head.) And, he knows when to back off when I just want to be left alone. Elmo rocks.
- A local hospital that everyone around here says is awful but turned out to be wonderful. Everyone with whom we came in contact was caring and gentle and kind. They also knew their shit. Well...except for the cafeteria - the food sucked.
- Fall weather.
- Portable Jenny food that kept me on track even through a crisis. I even lost a pound this week.
- An understanding group of co-workers who covered for me and had my back when I needed it. They rock.
- My new Nars Blush in the a shade called - and I am not even kidding - Orgasm. I waited a long time to order that blush because it's expensive and if I had waited any longer I still wouldn't have it because of this hospital bill. But I DID order it and I love it - God even takes care of you for the little things.
- God - who loves me no matter what and to whom I turn no matter what. It doesn't matter how I grew up because at the end of the day, I am the child of a King....and that rocks more than anything.
"God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you?"'
~William A. Ward